Minimalist Tattoos for Women
The purpose of minimalism in art ‘is to allow the viewer to experience the work more intensely without the distractions of composition’. A minimalist tattoo has the same effect, simple, uncluttered, with nothing to distract the viewer from its primary message. The minimalist tattoo designs below are very subtle and neat, yet bring the desired minimalist effect.
The minimalist tattoo genre neutralises to some degree the stereotype surrounds tattoos – think old garish designs the type worn by retired sailors – a great look on a sailor – but perhaps less suitable gracing the arm or a delicate guy or gal, it all depends on what you are trying to portray to the world and yourself. Minimalist tattoos are simple, stylish and elegant.
Tattoo artists from London to Tokyo are creating minimalist designs in ink from simple stencils of life objects to geometric shapes and delicate patterns. Taking a more subtle approach may be seen by some with bold bright modern designs as being non-committal, or maybe a first step into the world of ink, but these shapes and symbols need not have less substance or meaning to the individual. Indeed one way of thinking about minimalist tattoos is that they display to the world only a small taste of the message and memories your design relates too, the rest of the meaning you keep for yourself and share with those you choose to.
1. Two roses over a crescent moon in black ink.
2. Tattoo of an Oak tree with a childs swing.
3. Pineapple tattoo? Minimalist tattoo.
4. Two birds in love tattoo – is one a boy and the other a girl?
5. A Flamingo minimalist tattoo, a slight difference in the bird’s leg length gives the illusion of stockings.
6. Two birds flying up her top.
7. Simple and delicate key tattoo and flower on shoulder.
8. Target practice with cigarette ash tattoo.
9. A minimalist modern classic – the ship’s anchor tattoo.
10. Two symetrical black ink filled love heart tattoos.
11. Bonus – saving the best for last, three inverted triangles on a finite horizon.
Minimalist tattoos can be designed in infinite ways, they key principals are simplicity, clean lines, no distractions.
– Temporary Tattoos : @ Amazon –
Try out a Minimalist Tattoo for 1-5 days!
Place your temporary tattoo in different places and see what you like best, before you commit
Click on a temporary tattoo pic below to find out more…(opens Amazon)